Friday, February 5, 2016

Conscience and education

In this political season when every politician and every pundit is spewing words, words, words, I can't help but thinking: What am I really willing to go to the wall for? What issue wakes me up each morning and lies down to sleep with me each night? What both makes my heart sing and also breaks it, depending on the day? What do I live for?

It is this:

Our schools
  • I believe in the basic human right of all people to an education.
  • I believe in catering to all needs, to all walks of life, and to all individual dreams.
  • I believe our schools should be havens of empathy, safety, and love.


For it is only through education that we will ever solve our world's problems. This I believe.

On some positions, Cowardice asks the question, 'Is it safe?'
Expediency asks the question, 'Is it politic?'
And Vanity comes along and asks the question, 'Is it popular?'
But Conscience asks the question 'Is it right?' -- Martin Luther King, Jr.

What are you willing to go to the wall for? What do you live for?

No comments:

Post a Comment