Monday, May 2, 2016

Guilt Paralyzes

Even as an adult I get totally stuck sometimes
With something I don't particularly want to do
With something that's easy to put off
And put off
And put off

And then I start to worry about it
And worry about it
And worry about it
And lose sleep over it

And then I truly don't want to do it

And then comes the guilt
The guilt
The guilt

And the guilt
Portends recriminations from others, so I . . .

Put the task off even longer
And longer
And longer

What's the last thing I need when I reach this point and feel this way?
More guilt?
Recriminations from others?

I don't think so

A little love and support maybe
A little empathy and understanding

Funny how that works
Isn't it

Let's remember this when we deal with our students

1 comment:

  1. Wow! This is a powerful message to keep in mind when we are dealing with our students. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete