Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Happy First Day of School!

As I was pulling out of my driveway this morning, a lone acorn rolled off the top of my car and over my windshield. A flood of first day of school memories washed over me.
  • The smell of new tablets and crayons and first day of school clothes
  • The view of the sunlight on the trees as summer starts to wind down
  • The excitement to see friends unseen since the last day of school
  • The trepidation of getting to know a new teacher
  • The anticipation for fall sports and marching band
I grew up in a household where fall rather than January was considered the beginning of the new year - where resolutions were made - and everyone knew that anything was possible.



May all of our students experience the joy of a new school year and the love of our SLCSD family. Welcome back!

No comments:

Post a Comment